Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Well, finally we have radiator hoses that will work!
The first time we went to the parts store, we came back defeated and thought it couldn't be done. I searched online for hours to try to locate the lower hose. The only thing I got from my search was a silicone reducer that we thought would help, but didn't end up using it afterall.
After being defeated initially, we gave up for a while. The time has come that we are getting so close to starting it, that it was now a priority. So, after two trips to NAPA(and a very capable clerk), we have hoses! I had to buy 3 total and all had to be trimmed to fit, but it is a miracle in my eyes! The fitting in the middle of the upper will be for the electric fan sensor since originally the Dodge had a clutch fan that was off-center.
Friday, October 7, 2016
Here is the view of the master cylinder from the access hole under the seat:
And, below the seat:
We tested the brakes as much as we could with it not running yet, and all corners work! We have an adjustable proportioning valve as well as an adjustment in the air can, so I am sure there will be tweaking here and there after the truck is running - which doesn't seem that far off now!!!
I started on the fuel lines and got them from the tank, through the bulkhead fittings we put in (pre-existing) holes in the frame:
I had to get a new set of tube bending pliers to bend the 5/16'' fuel line - so that is probably on the 'to-do' list for this weekend (although it is supposed to rain all weekend, so that might change).
I was sick Sunday, so wasn't up to working on the truck - but Brian got the air compressor installed and the bulkhead fitting for the airlines through the fuel-tank-turned-battery/air compressor-box. (will add a photo next post).