Brian and I were JUST saying that without this screwdriver we inherited from my grandpa, we couldn't have done a LOT on this project.
It's a big beefy screwdriver that fits well in a lot of the big screws in the doors. And, wouldn't you know it, while trying to get one stubborn one out, we chipped the corner of the screwdriver. ::tears:: Hoping that with some grinding, we can make it good as 'old' again ::crossing fingers::
Weekend before last, I decided to work on the Diamond T while Brian was napping :) So, I cut out the patch piece for the driver's door and bent it up. The skin-side flange had to be hammered out (it is a curve), but the inside edge I bent on the brake.
Just as I was finishing, Brian came down and it was ready to go! So, we clamped it on, and he welded it on. We also got that corner piece patched in (where the hinge is rotted out), but I forgot to take a picture of that.
Brian also gave me a mini-lesson in welding. Kinda fun. I did about a dozen short welds...... I can probably build something now that it doesn't matter if the welds are pretty or not, LOL. The hardest part for me, was seeing where I needed to 'go'. It is SO dark behind those helmets!
(We have a wire-feed welder, but no gas - so these are flux-core wire welds, hence the splatter)