Friday, October 7, 2016

brakes!

We did finally 'finish' the brake system - I say 'finish' because we do have a leak to address before we go any further (probably one of my double flares that wasn't perfect).  So, more brake line needed before the weekend (we don't want to take chances with rebending anything, better to just start with new after a mistake!)

Here is the view of the master cylinder from the access hole under the seat:



And, below the seat:
(the bracket that holds the master cylinder and the air can has a cover that is not on yet).

We tested the brakes as much as we could with it not running yet, and all corners work!  We have an adjustable proportioning valve as well as an adjustment in the air can, so I am sure there will be tweaking here and there after the truck is running - which doesn't seem that far off now!!!

I started on the fuel lines and got them from the tank, through the bulkhead fittings we put in (pre-existing) holes in the frame:
there will be a wire from that brass fuel sending unit screw to the cab as well, but wiring is a little ways off yet.  We are still on the fence about either building our own harness or ordering a pre-built hot rod harness.

I had to get a new set of tube bending pliers to bend the 5/16'' fuel line - so that is probably on the 'to-do' list for this weekend (although it is supposed to rain all weekend, so that might change).

I was sick Sunday, so wasn't up to working on the truck - but Brian got the air compressor installed and the bulkhead fitting for the airlines through the fuel-tank-turned-battery/air compressor-box.  (will add a photo next post).


No comments:

Post a Comment