Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

We weren't able to work on the project Saturday, so today was the day - even though it was Mother's Day, this is what I wanted to do!
Brian got the old perches and shock mounts off the axle and we did ''dualing grinders'' to get the old weld cleaned up.
Getting the axle in the correct position was a challenge.....

We also kinda lucked out - with the frame sitting on top of the axle, that is our ride height.  The axle is now tacked into place ready to make the c-notches in the frame and the 4-link suspension.  We have all the 4-link parts that we ordered from Ballistic Fabrication and Gravity Werx, including mounts for the airbags.

all-in-all, a good day!

Next weekend, we won't be able to work on it until Sunday again, hopefully we can get the c-notches done.....

Sunday, May 6, 2012

out of gas

We are finished working on the project earlier than planned today.  We ran out of gas (actually, we ran out of oxygen for the torch).  There isn't anywhere to get oxygen around here on Sunday, so we are done for the day.  Guess that means I have to mow the lawn :P
Brian got the engine back in yesterday and the front wheels back on - and then we got it turned around.  It was a bit of a fiasco getting it turned around with only the front wheels on it, but we got it done!  Now, it's backed in, and we should be able to get pretty far next weekend.  We got the old spring hangers and bump stops off (they were riveted on and a *biotch* to get off), and the crossmember in the rear out.
We rolled the axle under it at the end of the day - this is just about where it's going to be located:
The old spring perches and shock mounts have to come off the rear axle, then we can start re-leveling everything so we can start on the 4-link.
This project is so fun to see evolve.  I look forward to the weekends spending time on it with Brian and am sad to see the end of the weekend come......